Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hecticness

Made it down to Auroville from Chennai yesterday by taxi. It was an incredible road, cows, people selling almost anything, women carrying baskets on their heads with no hands and lots of cars, 3-wheel cars, motorcycles, trucks, and honking. Most of the trucks have intricate paintings on them, I will put up a photo as soon as I remember the cable for my camera. The city madness is broken up by beautiful lush green hills and large shimmering lakes on either side of the road, absolutely beautiful. Arrived at Sadhana forest, which is about 10k outside of Auroville and is comprised of a group of well made hut-houses. There is a kitchen, main hut with a small library, dormitory huts and bathing and bathroom areas. Think camping style but with huts to sleep under. There is also a solar array, bicycle powered generator for the monsoon season and of course internet. All in all a wonderful place out in the middle of nowhere. The only thing that would make it better for me is if it were nearer to the ocean. I have not been out to the beach yet, but there are Auroville guest houses out there, I think I may spend some time out there enjoying the rhythmic flow as I fall asleep.

We are building a sandbag shelter right now, which is something that I have been reading about for a while now and am glad to get some hands on experience with. Thats all for now, I will post some photos soon. Thanks for reading and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment